Monday, February 21, 2011

STYLE THOUGHT: MODESTY IN STYLE-Muslimah Style & Image Workshop

Ladies!

Great News!

I'm launching my MODESTY in STYLE-Muslimah Style & Image Workshop this weekend or I'd prefer to call it FUNSHOP because it's fun, hands-on, practical & applicable.

So here it goes. Rather than I do the Personal Color & Makeup Workshop, I thought I should do a more specific one for the Muslimahs and Hijabis out there as I realize many are still unsure of how to be modest yet stylish and fabulous!

Hijab Style is just one area but that alone is not enough to be a hijabi. There's hijab etiquette, what to wear, what not to wear and how to wear is another area most people are clueless about.

You can be fabulous, stylish and yet modest all at the same time. I've pondered on conducting this workshop for quite awhile but I decided to do it sooner because of a compliment I got this afternoon.

I went to the bank this afternoon to pay the company's bills. Once I'm done, the teller at the counter said,

"You're really good at styling your scarf. You always look so nice,"
(This is my 'look' today.)

I thought this is an opportunity, so I said, "Well, you can attend my workshop and I'll teach you how you can achieve this look."

Suddenly the bank manager came out and said, "I think this look is not for everyone right, cause I'm not sure if I'll look good in it."

"Well, not necessarily, in my workshop you'll learn the right style for your face shape, the right fabric, texture, as well as wearing it right for each occasion. There's a difference between corporate style and the casual style or the dinner and party style. At the same time you'll learn the right colors that suit you cause if you're wearing the wrong color then it'll drown you, especially as a hijabi, our face has become the focal point." I added.

"So, when's your workshop and how much?"

"Good questions, it'll be on the 26th of February, Saturday or as an organization, you can organize yourself and have it at your venue. Plus, if 4 people sign up then the 5th person get to come for free. So the introductory fee for this workshop is only RM150. Normal price would be RM250."

I walked out of the bank promising them to come back with the brochures and 2 potential clients, well actually more cause they're thinking to sign up as a group and take advantage of the 4+1 offer.

So ladies and gals out there, sign up now as seats are really limited. I can only take 10 participants at the moment as the session is very hands on and practical. Call me at 012 937 6664 TO REGISTER.

Another lesson we can learn from here as I always end my style thought of the day is, YOU ARE A BRAND and YOU ARE YOUR CAPITAL. You have to be a walking advertisement. Your style and your image must reflect your brand, who you are and what you do. When that happens, opportunities will come to you instead of you chasing them. You'll become a magnet for great things! I don't need to advertise and I'm getting business isn't that fantastic? Stay true to your faith, stay true to yourself, stay true to the Muslim Style and Brand.

2 comments: